Friday, 18 March 2016

(EQ6) Diary post 4 - Achievements + creativity

Dear diary, 
Overall I am proud of our opening although it did take quite a while to get to this point which has allowed me to acknowledge the mistakes made this time round to know what not to do for next time. Despite this, I did really enjoy the experience of filming our own opening and creating something especially with the thriller genre that I couldn't of done myself. 

I have a few favourite shots from the opening and I picked my top 3:


The first is the establishing shot of London what we panned across over the bridge, this is one of my favourites because I think it sets the mood of the opening realistically with the weather. It also fits in really well with the scene straight afterwards but as the opening scene I think it is simple but effective. The second and third are wide shots of the main female character as she chooses an outfit to wear. I really like these shots as in between the two shots, there is a very quick cut between them that separates but brings it together as in moment the audience are behind the character and within the next they are in front. As well as the editing throughout which is all parallel editing which I think is successful in our opening as it shows the different events happening which I think is fitting with our genre and storyline. 
We also had some limitations to our creativity as when creating and filming this opening as it would require certain shots that we couldn't film e.g. aerial shot due to lack of technology and also I think with more technology we could of created better shots. Another example of an idea we had which we didn't continue through with was to create an illusion through editing through the view of the characters eyes by showing her blinking but through the lenses. We also lacked in our creativity due to time and knowledge that I didn't think thoroughly enough on to allow us to have extra time to follow through with these ideas. So for next time, I need to plan out the storyline more thoroughly as for this opening we had to change it multiple of times due to the plot not making any sense. For the future, I also want to be more organised with the filming and editing, I want to be more efficient so when it comes to improvements that they can easily be done without having to re-shooting everything. I hope to continue with these targets and keep them in mind for next year so I don't repeat the same mistakes.
Yours truly,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment