Thursday, 17 March 2016

(EQ6) Diary Post 2 - The Difficulties

Dear diary,
As expected I faced a few technical difficulties when completing the tasks, one of the main ones at the beginning was to understand how to work the MACS more particularly with the sound. We had issues with the sound not adjusting and when we decided to change the music we used, it took quite a while of fiddling around with iMovie and assistance to get us to be able to change the music completely. Another issue was that certain shots we would have wanted to be in our opening couldn't be done due to lack of technology e.g. aerial shots. I think this could of been a great introduction shot of the location although we instead have an establishing shot which I think looks really good. Linking to the filming aspect, we had a few minor problems with the camera such as getting it in focus and making sure we had full battery. This however could all be sorted out by ourselves and the problem was for us to be more organised and prepared for if the battery did run out, what would then be done. Therefore we didn't have a back up in case that did happen. So for next time, I think we need to ensure what could be the next alternative to use.  Even before the filming itself, there were problems with the production tasks e.g. planning. I was able to do the research beforehand although there was an issue which is why our opening took longer to create as our inspiration of films clashed due to the fact that none of the films we had researched hadn't had any relation to the opening we were trying to create. For the future with the research especially as that is the beginning of where the rest of the filming lies to be specific and know that it should have connections with what we are trying to produce. Then when it came time to shoot, we had problems with our actors and the days therefore we were limited with time and days that were available which is why in the end we had a change in characters. I think overall, the issue we faced is lack of planning with our opening which is what made it difficult as we progressed until we began to plan filming and editing arrangements but this is certainly something that I want to improve to avoid it happening next time around. 
Yours truly,
Millie 

No comments:

Post a Comment