Wednesday, 16 March 2016

(Evaluation Question 6) Diary Post 1 - Everything I've learnt

Dear diary,
I've learnt a lot since we began filming at the beginning of this year, I started off being completely unaware of the technologies we would be using more specifically the MACS. Starting off, I didn't know a lot about the MACS and how you use them. But over time especially working in groups helped although eventually now I am able to confidentially go on the MACS without needing anyone just in case and navigate my way around them. By using this as our hardware and iMovie for our software, it made me need to know how to use them both. When we were editing, there is constantly so many changes to be made and I still do get nervous fiddling around with the settings to do with the videos, sound, titles etc. but it has also given me the courage to know what to do and how could I fix the problem. The main difficulty with editing was the sound as at the beginning we only used one sound but when coming to the end of our opening we realised in order to build tension we needed more than one sound. So removing the sound that was placed throughout was hard as it then made it difficult to insert the new music on top as they hadn't been correctly inserted. We managed to overcome this problem by attempting to add the new sound multiple times and in different ways and with some assistance, it managed to work and we were able to have both sounds. What did become easier as I progressed with using the MACS and iMovie was editing the actual videos themselves as it easy to identify the parts we did and didn't need. Overall, I used a lot of different software's not just including iMovie.













We were introduced into Blogger for the first time this year, this is where we upload all our preliminary and pre-production tasks and all the documents that were needed to be completed before we even started filming so we were aware of what we were filming. Blogger allowed us to organise all the different things we do in the year especially with our archive that categorises each post with the month it was published in. The challenges I faced with Blogger was that at the beginning, I rarely used it because I didn't know how to change the design and layout of the site. I also wasn't experienced on adding text, images and videos so I didn't use it or attempt to however as we started to produce documents that needed to be posted I started to play around with the site. I fiddled around with the designs and fonts and how to include items into the site to the point now where I feel confident when uploading anything onto my blog. As well as YouTube, which was a big factor when completing my work as this is how we all uploaded our tasks and opening to then make it easier to link into our Bloggers so it can be accessed by anyone.


























Moving onwards to the different hardware we used such as: MACS, camera, phone and laptop. The MACS were used for editing as mentioned before by using iMovie. The camera we used which was the Canon EOS 100D to film all of our videos and allowed us to experiment with the zoom and focus to shift from angles, especially from our draft to the final opening we changed around with the angles and shots a lot. Having never really used cameras to the best of my ability when we started filming, I wasn't very good at focusing shots but as we continued to re-shoot certain scenes and even we we re-filmed the whole of our opening I was able to acknowledge the different angles for the shots. I also began to understand for this specific camera how to focus and when instead I was taking pictures of the shot. I also figured out how to focus the camera and zoom in at the same time without it being shaky or fuzzy even if we didn't include these shots into our opening, it still allowed me to adjust the settings of the camera and perhaps find something we did like and experience me with another piece of technology. 


The phones and laptops were used to watch any of my YouTube videos very easily and made it accessible for anyone who wanted to watch them, especially when collecting back feedback it was really quick to show them. This was one of the easiest technologies used as I am very aware and comfortable with using my own phone and laptops so there wasn't any issues concerning them. Overall, I have learnt a lot in the past few months about filming and the Thriller genre, this task has allowed me to be more creative in the opening we created and then portraying that onto the filming side of the task. I have learnt more than I knew when I started about working MACS and camera's which will benefit me and has inspired me to want to film more. 
Yours truly,
Millie 

No comments:

Post a Comment