From going onto the pre-production I did not realise the amount of work that goes into editing and filming, nor did I think it was easy but I did not expect the outcome of it to extremely time consuming. As a result of this, I was able to be aware now that what is created when you take the time and effort, having not have realised at the beginning I wasn’t producing the amount of work I would have wanted. But after acknowledging that the amount of time spent into editing and ensuring your work has been completed as best as possible also indicates the success or unsuccess you will face as an outcome. The preliminary task was very simple and quick so I really didn't realise everything that goes through filming and editing until we came on the pre-production task. For the future, I am going to take on board being organised with filming and editing as they may seem quick to complete but it counts on the time you give to the project. Although another problem faced was the research which made it difficult to carry on with the opening as when we were undergoing research, none of the films we were analysing fitted well with the idea for our opening. This problem wasn't fixed until later when we had already began filming, I did more research into films related to our genre, age and plot to then find 'P2' which we related back to our opening. Although we did have to adjust our opening as we couldn't follow through all the features in their opening into our own. However if I had to do this again, I would pick a different genre therefore allowing me to completely change the locations and storyline. I did enjoy filming and researching relating all to the thriller aspects but it isn’t the typical genre I watch, so I think if I was able to do it again and create an opening for a genre I am more familiar with so I would have more information about the genre and films under it. For example, I think if it hadn't have been thriller I would have gone for the rom-com genre as it is more light hearted and I can relate more to it. I think it also would have made filming easier as it was difficult as throughout the opening until we changed it at the end, we were shooting at night for the car park scenes which was harder to do especially around the Christmas period. So if I was to do anything rom-com related, it would allow me to film during day time therefore making it more convenient especially when it comes to re-filming.
Yours truly,
Millie
No comments:
Post a Comment