Wednesday, 3 February 2016
Analysis of title sequences - P2
I purposely chose the film P2 as it is the one we are mainly focussing on when it comes to our pre-production task. Therefore by researching more into this film with the analysis', it allows me to identify shots, titles, credits etc. for us to take into consideration for our opening. For example, the titles used for the film is generic for the genre so for when redrafting ours I am able to know to choose a different yet effective title. However I do like the purpose behind the titles and would want to include that into ours, so the audience know the titles weren't just picked by the look of it. The titles for the film diverts away from the genre conventions of a thriller as it looks like they have used a type writer effect to show the seriousness. But also type writers are normally used in forms of service e.g. being associated with the military as it provides a non biased look towards the film. However this links more so into the narrative than the genre as the main male character himself is a security guard therefore his work role is an act of service which relates back onto the titles. The audience may not be able to pick up on the simplicity that the designers could of incorporated although it may make sense to them as the film progresses on. An alternative suggestion that I originally assumed when watching the titles was that it appears to be more action based. I thought would be done to intensify the scene that is about to happen, the element of action is key in the genre as it builds tension and when done correctly which I think this film has done allows the audience to feel fear. Although the titles are more associated with the narrative more so the genre, I still think they fit into the genre conventions as it is straightforward. Most thriller films do not bother too much with titles yet still create it to make an effect onto the audience. Therefore even if they are simple, it is still effective as they need to attract the audience even with titles to intensify the film a little bit more. The movements of the titles are slow paced and are shown as the opening scene is happening, they have made the font white so it can be acknowledged by the audience especially with the darker background of the scene. The titles are presented as the lead up towards the car begins, as the camera zooms closer and closer to the single car parked they are shown up until the shot from in front of the boot. Due to the rapid speed of the approaching camera to the scene, I think that is why they have purposely slowed down the titles to emphasise them but also allow the audience to establish what is going on in the scene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment